Sencha Architect is a visual development tool that can greatly boost your Sencha programming productivity. You can use it to rapidly create both Ext JS and Sencha Touch applications.
- Developers can code in HTML5 format using Sencha touch software development kit
- Its code can be translated with the help of another tool like PhoneGap
- It is a useful tool for developing native apps without need of wasting any time on setup
- It is currently supported on WebKit browsers, including the popular Apple iOS and Google Android platforms
- Rationalized Configuration System
- Allows to scale to various resolutions for maximum compatibility with different devices
- Wide support for animations and enhanced touch events
- ExtJS is like a superset of the widgets like simple label, textBox buttons to complex grids, drag-drop panel s etc. It also provides demo for remoting to invoke remote server methods.
- It has quite good documentation with tutorials, samples and user community.
- Good code quality/readability
- Amazing set of widgets, does everything we could possibly want. Seems quick, every version brings new improvements.
- Footprint - The library is 500 KB in size (using mod_gzip could be reduced to 150KB). Loading time would is high for home page on web.
- CSS – very easy to get lost. It is difficult to find correct class names
- HTML – full of divs and overly complex generated code. Difficult to debug even with FireBug.
- Modified GPL 3.0 licensed. Free for open source applications but paid for commercial closed source applications.
- Using ExtJs leads us to believe that the GUI would kind of desktop and rich. Customization is not easily achievable.
- Loading even simple things requires few lines of coding which is simpler in plain html or jQuery.
- It is not possible for the user to bookmark a certain page . Since the objects are rendered by DOM manipulation, page can not be indexed by search engines
- Need quite experienced developer.
- 1I'm not sure how to use this without the entire display being EXT.
- The key difference between MVC and MVVM is that MVVM features an abstraction of a View (the ViewModel) which manages the changes between a Model's data and the View's representation of that data (i.e. data bindings) — something which typically is cumbersome to manage in traditional MVC applications.
- React JS
- Meteor JS
- Backbone JS
- Node JS.
What is ExtJS framework?
Express is a minimal and flexible Node.js web application framework that provides a robust set of features to develop web and mobile applications. It facilitates the rapid development of Node based Web applications. Following are some of the core features of Express framework.