Find more on how a Video Making Mobile App, developed by Fin-gent, helped build their client’s customer experience.
Developing mobile applications for Android, iOS, etc, has become the coolest activity in the cyber world. There are a lot of software development kits SDKs available in the market for developing mobile applications but it has always been tough to select the ideal SDK from among the different ones available. For a mobile app developer who is always on the lookout for the best technology to build an application as fast as possible, free and open source software comes to the rescue. MoSync is an SDK with which you can develop applications for different mobile platforms from a single code base.
MoSync is incorporated with the Eclipse development environment and is offered under a dual licence scheme a commercial licence and the GPL open source licence. Under the terms of the commercial licence, the user needs to subscribe to the software, whereas under the GPLv2, the developer can sell the applications developed. After introducing MoSync, the developers included additional features and enabled support for HTML5 and various mobile platforms.MoSync supports iOS, Android (2.x 4.x), Windows Phone, Symbian S60, Java and the Mobile Linux platforms.
MoSync is a good choice for app developers because of the following reasons:
- Applications can be developed using C, C++ or HTML5.
- Since it is open source software, it has been under active development since 2004.
- Wormhole technology offers developers the Web view function.
- It is based on an Eclipse development environment.
- Wormhole technology allows HTML5 to access the underlying C/C++ layer.
- HTML5 can access the hardware using C system calls. This makes it easier for the GUI and application logic to be written in HTML5.
- It has built-in emulators to check the functionality of native applications in the respective platforms.
- It enables porting of existing applications to various mobile platforms.