Hologram is an all-in-one tool for WebVR creation. This free desktop app requires no previous coding knowledge, and its native Google Blocks integration enables you to play with lots of free 3D objects right off the bat. Under the hood, Hologram takes full advantage of the power and simplicity of A-Frame, Mozila’s WebVR framework.
This means that developers can download projects created with Hologram and use them in their A-Frame workflows. It’s currently available on Mac and a Windows version is promised soon.
It mentions 3D Hologram advantages or benefitsand 3D Hologram disadvantages or drawbacks. Introduction: 3D hologram is three dimensional image generated using photographic projection. It is truly 3D and free standing image which does not simulate spatial depth.
3D hologram is three dimensional image generated using photographic projection. It is truly 3D and free standing image which does not simulate spatial depth.
It does not require special glasses to view.
In other words, it is defined as 3D projection which exists freely in the space. It is holographic recording of light field than image formed by lens.
It is used to display objects and animated sequences in three dimensions.
Hologram is physical structure which diffracts light into image and it is easy to make.
They are made using laser beam which is split into two beams using special lens.
Benefits or advantages of 3D Hologram
Following are the benefits or advantages of 3D Hologram:
- It is very cost effective solution to make and to hire.
- It has higher storage capacity compare to other methods.
- It delivers enhanced feasibility of objects including depth.
- They are complex patterns and hence offers security in wide applications as mentioned above.
- It offers creation of multiple images on single plate including 3D images.
- Holographic technologies can be easily combined with other technologies.
- It does not require special glasses to view and can be viewed from any angle.
- It does not require any projection screen.
- It is difficult to replicate as it is difficult to alter or transpose.
Drawbacks or disadvantages of 3D Hologram
Following are the drawbacks or disadvantages of 3D Hologram:
- It has higher production cost compare to 2D projection.
- It is not easily seen in the presence of fluorescent lighting.
- Use of applying the concept of holographic projection in the design of products are costly.
- It is time consuming to construct images using 3D holograms.
- Holographic data storage suffers from noise and sensitivity issues. Moreover it has material limitations.