Telerik TestStudio offers one solution to automate desktop, web, and mobile application testing including UI, load, and performance testing.
Telerik TestStudio offers various compatibilities like:
- Integration with Visual Basic Studio 2010 and 2012
- Record and playback
- Cross-browser testing
- Manual testing
- Integration with bug tracking tools
Telerik Test Studio is an automated functional testing solution for automation regression, functional, load and API testing.
Unlike several other testing solutions that impose their own proprietary language, Telerik Test Studio uses C# or VB.Net language. Use of a real coding language means it’s easier to find support online. Test scripts can also be shared via source control with other team mates.
Getting Started with Test Studio:
Just like UFT, Telerik is an also an icon-based tool that automates functional or regression testing of any web or desktop application. Even a tester with low or no coding knowledge can also use Telerik. It can be used for both record and playback and descriptive scripting. Testers can either write scripts or can simply use the extensive record and playback feature offered by Telerik.
Advantages of Telerik Test Studio:
- It uses the active screen for recording which means, the tester can refer to the screen while recording the scripts
- Telerik utilizes DOM structure of the webpage for identifying object properties
- Telerik Test Studio is also able to interact with any file-based source control system and integrates directly with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Git.
- Test Script maintenance is quite easy and any changes in the scripts can be easily incorporated
- Extensive reporting
- Remote execution and test scheduling
Disadvantages of Telerik Test Studio:
- It comes with a licensing cost
- Online support is available with license renewal
- Using relative object properties can be challenging
- Need to setup add-in for source control
Build automated tests for the most current technologies – Angular, React, WPF, MVC, Ajax, RESTful, etc. Easily build and continuously execute mobile tests for iOS and Android. Take advantage of ultimate support for Telerik UI controls and Kendo UI widgets.
GUI Testing in Visual Studio:
Test Studio ships with a Visual Studio plug-in that helps you generate tests as C# or VB.NET code. Native test types helps ensure first class test support in Visual Studio 2010, 2012 and 2013.
- Cross-browser testing
- Continuous integration with Build Server
- Convert recorded tests to C# or VB.NET code
- Source control system integration