Backbone.js gives structure to web applications by offering models with key-value binding and custom events.
- Backbone.js allows developers to develop one-page applications
- Backbone.js has a simple library used to separate business and user interface logic
- This tool makes code simple, systematic and organized. It acts as a backbone for any project
- It manages the data model which also includes the user data and display that data on the server side
- It allows developers to create client side web applications or mobile applications
What is backbone JS used for?
Backbone.js. Backbone.js gives structure to web applications by providing models with key-value binding and custom events, collections with a rich API of enumerable functions, views with declarative event handling, and connects it all to your existing API over a RESTful JSON interface.
What is backbone JS framework?
Is backbone a MVC?
Backbone.js does have a MVC like architecture, just the naming convention is little different here. Models and Collections in Backbone.js act like Model in MVC.
Templates act like Views in MVC, all application's aesthetic details go here.
Models and Collections in Backbone.js act like Model in MVC. Contrary to server side MVC frameworks, in Backbone.js Models and Collections are not linked to databases as such, rather they are linked to REST interfaces from the backend. You can avoid it completely if you dont want to permanently persist data.
Views in Backbone.js act like Controller in MVC, All your application logic goes here.Templates act like Views in MVC, all application's aesthetic details go here. Backbone.js has Underscore.js as its dependancy, so it is very common that people use ERB Templates in Backbone.js.