Created by Qiang Xue in 2008, Yii is a secure, fast, high-performance application/web-development framework. Yii utilizes the Composer dependency manager for PHP for handling different dependencies and installations (more on it later). Yii also is the fastest PHP framework, thanks to the lazy loading technique.
Another great feature of Yii is jQuery integration. The integration enables front-end developers to embrace the framework quickly, and it uses scaffolding to generate code. Similar to Symfony, Yii also utilizes components to enable rapid application development.
Yii is an elite, component-based PHP framework for growing substantial scale Web applications quickly. It empowers most extreme reusability in Web programming and can essentially quicken your Web application advancement handle.
Yii is a bland Web programming framework that can be utilized for growing for all intents and purposes any kind of Web application. Since it is light-weight and furnished with advanced reserving instruments, it is particularly suited to high-activity applications, for example, entries, gatherings, content administration frameworks (CMS), web based business frameworks, and so forth.
Yii exceeds expectations among PHP frameworks at being proficient, highlight rich and plainly reported. Yii is deliberately planned starting from the earliest stage to be fit for genuine Web application advancement. It is neither a result of some venture nor a combination of outsider work. It is the consequence of the creators' rich involvement with Web application improvement and their examination of the most famous Web programming frameworks and applications.
PHP Framework :
- A PHP framework makes development faster. For example, you don't have to write complex queries to retrieve the data from the database. PHP frameworks provide CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update, and Delete).
- Frameworks enable developers to scale systems easily.
- Code maintenance is easier than with a vanilla PHP application. The application code is concise and easy to work with.
- The MVC model ensures rapid development.
- Frameworks are better in securing the web application from common security threats.
- The don't repeat yourself (DRY) principle ensures that minimal code has maximum impact.